In honor of my 30th Birthday tomorrow, I thought I would take today to post 30 facts about myself. Some of them I probably talk about non-stop, but others may be a little lesser known.
1. I have been a vegetarian since January 1, 2005.
2. My last name is NOT McDot (although I did try talking Ryan into both of us changing our last names to it when we got married... Padot + McClurg = McDot... but he said it reminded him of McDonalds...).
3. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 9th grade (after many, many, many tests, treatments, pokes and prodding, you name it).
4. Ryan and I once won a trip to Costa Rica through Dole (the banana company).
5. Four days after graduating college I packed two suitcases and moved to San Diego without knowing a soul or ever visiting.
6. I HATE scary movies/ shows (I even have to close my eyes at scary commercials).
7. Cucumbers make me want to vomit, but I LOVE pickles (dill that is, sweet are pretty gross).
8. I could probably eat chips and salsa for the rest of my life and never get sick of it.
9. Although I grew up in Michigan, this past Christmas was the first time I tried snow skiing (mostly because my nephews, ages 6 and 3, were doing it...).
10. I started running about 2.5 years ago and FELL IN LOVE!
11. I told friends I could see myself marrying Ryan even before we started dating.
12. I don't know if I have ever gone to the bathroom in my parent's house without looking behind the shower curtain first (but don't ask me what I would do if there was ever someone or something behind it).
13. My first concert was an N'Sync & Destiny's Child show.
14. I know MOST lyrics to most songs, but have NO IDEA who sings them.
15. If I could be anywhere on a fall Saturday, I would choose The Big House HANDS DOWN!
16. I never took driver's ed... I waited until I was 18 and just took the test through the Secretary of State (which is like the DMV, for all of you non-Californians).
17. In preschool I learned the alphabet in sign language and still know it.
18. I have broken both of my arms (one while I was trying to get a toy lawnmower out of some rocks and the other when my booty was stuck to a boat's leather seat, so I was scooting off and landed wrong).
19. Hook is one of my favorite movies.
20. America's Most Wanted (and sometimes Cops) used to freak me out so bad that I thought the criminals were outside my window, coming to kill me.
21. Oldies (like 50s and 60s) are my JAMS. But Christmas music is a close second.
22. I was a cheerleader (which tends to blow some people's minds) and played soccer in High School.
23. I knew I didn't want to have kids when I was a teenager.
24. In 2010 I went to Haiti with Outside the Bowl (I actually had a blog dedicated to it - http://carleegoingtohaiti.blogspot.com/ - where you can read journal entries from the trip, see pictures, and watch some of the videos I took while I was there).
25. One of my jobs when I was younger was a custodian.
26. I would MUCH RATHER be hot than cold (not to mention my body HURTS in the cold due to my fibro, so it is just better than way).
27. My first car was a BRIGHT YELLOW 1995 Ford Ranger, which I called "Peter".
28. I think beer tastes like pee (but NO, I have never tried pee).
29. I graduated with an economics degree from the University of Michigan (and had my student loans paid off within 2 years).
30. What I want most is to make a difference in the world and in the lives of those around me, no matter how small it may be.
Did you learn anything new about me? What is one fact about you I probably didn't know?