Thursday, August 7, 2008


So yesterday afternoon I had to go back to the GI Specialist that did my Scope so that I could get my results. I waited for 15 minutes before I went back to a room (GRRRRR) and then waited another 20 minutes before the doctor came in. So when the doc came in she said that the biopsies and scope came back normal. She said that she is 98% sure that it is IBS, but she doesn't want to clump me in to it without checking to make sure I am slipping through the cracks of the other 2% - which means... DRUMROLL... Colonoscopy! HURRAY!! I had to schedule it for next Wednesday (yep, 3 days before the wedding). She said that if everything comes back okay she will put me on an antidepressant that is now used for IBS. So starting Monday afternoon I will start on an all clear liquid diet (veggie broth, apple juice, etc) and then Tuesday night I have to drink 2 liters of this... um... 'tasty' solution that will help me 'clean our my system'... (I am trying to phrase everything prettier). My mom said that when my dad went in they told him the results right there (in the recovery room), so I am hoping that I won't have to go back to the doctor but she will just be able to write me a prescription then... Ryan will be off all week next week so he will take me to the hospital (bright and early). I am going to check this morning if I have sick time left (so I can just take the whole day off), but if not he said he could hang out around here during the day (or go surf) and then drive me home after work. I'll keep you all up-to-date...


Web Designer said...

Oh. You poor thing.
I had that wonderful procedure a while back.
Honestly - the procedure itself is fine. It's the nasty nasty nasty nasty - did I say nasty? stuff you have to drink. I don't want to scare you - but I can stomach anything - and it made me hurl. It was truly horrible. I finally got it down by drinking like 8 ounces of root beer with 1 tablespoon of the stuff. I was practically floating by the time I finished it off - but it was the only way I could handle it.
Good luck my friend! Horrible timing!
Enjoy your wedding too!! I'm so happy for you!
Love you Carlee!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Car,
Just drink water as a chaser, and plenty of it. It's really not that bad!!! Also, they tell you not to venture far from the restroom and they mean it. It's unbelievable how fast it works. You'll get through it just fine. Hey see ya Thursday. Can't believe it's almost here. Can't hardly wait!
Love and Miss you alot!