Monday, December 29, 2008

We're BACK!

We are back in Sunny San Diego!! I have posted all of my pictures. I didn't take a lot of them (well, there are like 120, but I didn't take them every where we were I guess is a better way to put it). Check them out here.

Wednesday morning we got in about 5. Mom and Dad picked us up at Metro and we got in the car to head to Temperance. We sat in stand still traffic for a little over an hour because of some major accidents (I guess they saw that there was like a 3 car pile up on the way tot the airport and thought it would be cleared by the time we were heading back - it wasn't). We got back, hung out a little, then went to Monroe. We met up with my mom's parents and had lunch and did gifts with them. We then came back, played a lot of Scrabble, ordered pizza, and then went to the candle light service at Crossroads.

Thursday we woke up early (well, like 8am) and opened gifts. We then got ready and went to my dad's mom's house in Monroe. We ate lunch and did gifts there for a couple hours and then went to Toledo to serve dinner at the Cherry Street Mission. It was nice to be able to serve and give back on Christmas. I think we probably served about 300 meals to the homeless.

Friday we woke up to ICED roads and were planning on renting a car to drive up to Ryan's sister's house in Rochester Hills but because of the weather we decided that my mom would drive us up to Ann Arbor and Ryan's dad would meet us there to take us the rest of the way. The roads were terrible (we were driving about 15 mph most of the way) and we ended up meeting in Milan. We finally got up to Rochester Hills and did gifts with Ryan's parents and his sister and her family. We hung out with them for most of the day making pizzas, playing games, decorating cookies, etc until my parents drove up and picked us up for the Pistons game. We went to Auburn Hills from Aaron's house and watched the Pistons take on the Oklahoma City Thunder. They are the worst team in the league and we only won by 2 at the last second (literally there was two tenths of a second left when AI made the winning shot). It was fun to go to the game though (and mom actually got Ryan tickets for the Clippers Pistons game in a couple weeks in LA so we will be heading up there to cheer on our Pistons then too).

Saturday we hung out a bit, then went to the movies. We saw Valkyrie, which was a good movie. We then went home and changed to head to the Toledo Zoo. The weather had been crazy the whole time we were back and they were predicting 60 and rainy for Saturday. We decided that we would go to the zoo if the rain held off and by 6 it was still dry so we took our chances. We got through most of the zoo when the DOWNPOUR hit. It only rained really hard for like 10 minutes but in the first minute and a half we were drenched to our core. We had a lot of fun and it was an adventure like always :).

Sunday we went to church and then came back home to pack everything up. Our flight was at 5:40, so we decided to leave by about 3:30. Stacey and Gabe (her 6 week old baby) came over from 1 to 3:30 to hang out, which was great since I hadn't seen her since my shower in July. We watched the Lions Packers game while she was over and then went to the airport. All of our flights were smooth and on time.

All in all, it was an AMAZING trip, but of course, too short. Make sure to check out some of the pictures if you get a chance. I am sure I will probably be able to post more when I get the rest off of Ryan's camera, but for now this will work :).

No comments: